Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Here Come the Irish

Hello Everyone!

Today is a big day for college football nerds, such as myself. Today is the day when high school players decide, or rather solidify, their college choice. As most of my family and friends are well away of, I am a big BIG fan of the University of Notre Dame. So much so that on my wedding day my groomsmen and I will have a surprise for everyone!

Ever since I was a little kid I loved Notre Dame. My dad and I would spend our Saturdays in front of the team watching Lou Holtz bring the team out of the tunnel. I have been lucky enough to be able to attend a handful of games with my family over the years. 

Katie may not truly understand my passion but knows that it is a big part of who I am. I promised her that I would take her to a game to spend the weekend and enjoy the festivities, to help her understand my passion. There are so many things to do on a game day weekend on campus (mass, visit the Grotto, the Basilica, march with the team to the stadium, hear the band play, the Pep Rally the night before, the playing of the trumpets under the golden dome).

While the South Pole and Everest were great pictures and completely unexpected, theses were the pictures I was looking forward to. It took a while but it is well worth the wait. A very big thanks goes out to fellow Notre Dame fan Chuck for helping get these great shot. 

So enjoy the day, stay out of trouble and Go Irish!

Kyle