Friday, February 25, 2011

Ground Zero

He have had this picture for quite some time now and I never knew when would be a good time to post it. I try and post pictures in the order we receive them or around a relevant date. We received this after September 11 and I was never sure when would be a good time to post. I realized this week that there is never a perfect time. 

I still remember September 11, 2001 very clearly. I was in college then (it was my first week) and I remember waking up to a commotion down the hall. I turned on the TV just as the second plane hit the towers. The other aspect that I remember clearly about that day was how little information there was. There were so many rumors about different planes, where they were attacking and what place might be next. One of those rumors that hit home was that a nuclear plant in north east Ohio was targeted. Being from Cleveland with all my family still there that worried me. Those were some very tense couple of days. All activities were canceled (I was on the soccer team) and rescheduled. My first college soccer had been the previous week and in another twist of fate it was against the Naval Academy. Guys that we had just played against would eventually go to war. It was another eye opener. 

Certainly a day that had a great impact on my life as well as every other American.

Kyle