Wednesday, December 29, 2010

From One Charleston to Another

Hello again-

Yesterday we were in Charleston, South Carolina and today we are in Charleston, West Virginia. This picture was taken in front of the Capital Building in downtown Charleston West Virginia. The Capital Building is on the North bank of the Kanawha River.

This building has also had a unique place in my life. It was always the halfway spot on my drive home from college. Now that I am in Raleigh (farther away) it is not quite the halfway spot but still a good indicator on one's progress.  From the road it always reminded me of Notre Dame's Golden Dome (would love for the Save The Date to make it there!) but based on this picture the dome is a lot more intricate and detailed than I originally thought of. Until this picture I had actually only seen it from Route 77 a few miles away. Very nice.

Keep them coming.

Kyle